Saturday, April 21, 2018

021: I Made a Blanket


One of the points of cleaning out my studio is to actually complete projects that are important to me, instead of just storing partially done ones, or storing the materials for projects that I'll never get around to. As I cleaned out fabrics, I came across several yards of a fabric I bought years ago at a local quilting store that's no longer in business (I think I must have paid $75+ for it and it sat in a container until last summer when I finally used a little of it), and my Grandpa's wool. U.S. Navy blanket. I think I originally planned to use the quilting fabric to make a bedspread, and I never really had a use for the wool blanket, but it was in my fabric instead of in the linen closet, where it might have ended up being used as an actual blanket. I combined the two, and voila! I have a warm blanket that preserves some history on one side, and is not scratchy and very beautiful on the other side. 

(I didn't take a photo because of reasons I'll probably go into at some point, mostly having to do with asking myself what my purpose was in blogging in the first place. The amount of time it takes to photograph something decently and write a few sentences about it is rapidly becoming less and less interesting to me. I'd rather just make something and move on to making something else or spending my time in other, more valuable ways.)

No comments:

Post a Comment