Friday, April 6, 2018

006: Lifestyle Experiments

I came across an article just a couple of days ago outlining the procedures for conducting your own Lifestyle Experiments. In it, the author says to limit the experiment to 30, 60, or 90 days. I'm sure it has to do with feeling successes, yet also having enough time to test out the proposed experiment. Before reading that, I was ready to jump into two year-long experiments– a Year of Minimal Shopping, and a Year of Mornings in My Studio. I'm about 10 months into my first real year-long experiment, and have had success with it, so while thinking about the experiments, I was fine with the time period I had chosen. 

Now, my little bubble has been popped because I'm wondering if that blogger is right. Maybe I'm aiming too high (long, I guess, since it's over time). I'm questioning my ability to complete these projects.

Five days into Minimal Shopping feels very, very right. I can already see and feel the benefits, although I haven't yet been faced with any real challenges. Each day with little successes makes me feel like I can handle the big ones, and I've been laying out the parameters of just what this year could look like.

I stumbled a bit this morning in my studio however, and wondered if I wanted to commit to a year of early mornings here. Or maybe because it's hard, I need to keep at it?

No comments:

Post a Comment