Sunday, April 8, 2018

007, 008: Cleaning Up

We had friends over last night for dinner, and I was the most relaxed about hosting that I've ever been. I had actually completely forgotten they were coming until late morning when I asked my husband what our plans were for the day. I had a moment of panic thinking, "Ack! We have to clean the house!!", but actually looking around, I realized it would be easy to do. We've eliminated so much clutter, and the kids keep most of their piles in their bedrooms anymore, so we were able to pick up and vacuum the living room and dining room in mere minutes. We didn't actually start doing anything active towards hosting until 2 hours before our friends were scheduled to arrive (they were late anyway), including grocery shopping, food prep, and cleaning. It was so great!

We went to bed later than usual, so I slept in this morning, which was also great. And it's Sunday, so I have time to spend in my studio anyway. Mornings, afternoons... however it works to actually be in here (every day so far this week!) is a good thing.

I started shopping this week with a list that I don't deviate from (unless it's to decide not to buy something) when I'm at the grocery store. Other than totally forgetting an important ingredient yesterday because it wasn't written on the list (luckily we don't live very far from the store so my husband went back), it's been working very well to not allow myself to impulse buy at the supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment