Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1st

The weather is warm and sunny, but here we are in December! We successfully conquered Thanksgiving (the kids have declared a "no more turkey for dinner" status at our house), and we're dropping into the holiday season. I took an accidental hiatus... because I got a new camera! Once I had ordered it, my other camera options seemed like a waste of time– so unsophisticated, antiquated, and low-quality. It turns out I have a whole lotta learning to do to get up to speed with the new fancy camera, however. I lost all my Thanksgiving week photos due to a malfunctioning memory card, and I've spent the last hour trying to figure out the software to get the photos on the new memory card onto the computer so I can use them on the blog. And, well, suffice it to say, I'm still working on that whole process.

We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving week with family, even without photos to prove it (funny how that works). And I hope you did too! Now that we're officially in December, I have a lot of family gifts to make and classes to plan for the upcoming year. I'm excited to get to work!

I am teaching a class at Warm Hearts Yarn this Wednesday afternoon from 2-3pm, decorating gift boxes with yarn and paper. Note that our boxes will look like the boxes below. Should be a lot of fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment