Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Before and After: Good Morning!



Transformation, evolution, metamorphosis, revolution.

Revelation.

Amazing changes all around me.

My morning coffee cup, before it has coffee and milk:


It looks so empty and sickly in the light from the small light above the stove top. The burner is heating the water to pour into the French press, so relief is on the way.


 Hmmm... The light is still sickly, but the mug is full of that first cup of coffee, the milk still swirling. I wish I could convey the smell from this experience! I sound like a serious caffeine addict, but I'm not, really. I do like a couple of cups of coffee in the morning, and as part of my morning ritual, it helps me move from sleepiness to wakefulness. I frequently get up without my alarm (set for 5:30am), so one could argue I perhaps don't need coffee. But I enjoy it. And while too much coffee can certainly have negative health effects, the little I drink each morning is part of my attempt at staying healthy.

Good Morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment