Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Before and After: Knot is Not



Transformation, evolution, metamorphosis, revolution.

Revelation.

Amazing changes all around me.





This is a beautiful baby alpaca yarn, soft and promising. So promising, in fact, that my nearly-naked 4 year-old daughter wouldn't give it back to me after she found it, unwound and wonderfully tactile. I'm sure it felt amazing against her skin as she used it as a pillow, a crown, long green hair, and a drapey shawl. By the time I reclaimed it, however, I wasn't sure letting her play with it was a good idea. Of course, it was my own fault. And really, it is sooo soft, and she was so cute modeling it and whispering her little stories about it to herself in front of the mirror. I was left to untangle it later. And now it's even been put to use in a new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment