Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sketchbook Pages

It's only been in the last year that I've been regularly sketching in a sketchbook, a new habit I'm trying to make more frequent. Here are a few sketches from the last couple of weeks.





 



I clearly prefer pen and ink drawings. The first page is a doodle I spent a couple of days on, especially focusing on trying to work recognizable nature images within the decorative aspects of the doodles. The others were sketches in preparation for the postcards for Signed, Sealed and Delivered (also here and here). I didn't end up using the windows in any images for the show, and the hands and flies are part of the piece I forgot to photograph before framing because I was under a deadline (my fault). When I get the pieces back, I will photograph them and post them here.

1 comment: