Wednesday, January 14, 2015

OD


I drew this little 4-inch card a couple of days ago, thinking it would be a header for Opposite Day, concentrating on the simplicity of just black and white opposing shapes around the initials OD. Seemed pretty straightforward.

Until it wasn't.

As I worked, I realized that Over Dose might be a more applicable sign. Or Over Drive. My idea had been to make it simple looking so that I could complete it fairly quickly (who has the time for these sorts of things? I had other stuff to be working on!). But the more time I spent meditating on other meanings for the letters, the more I realized how backwards my original idea was. The spiraling craziness is not simple; maybe it's a bottomless vortex instead. And since when is drawing something I didn't have time for?

The recognition that I've got too much on my plate means I need to let go of some things, so out the door they go.

My favorite quote right now:


http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c71c353ef01b8d0ba1cab970c-pi

I took this directly from http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/golden/2015/01/weekend-links-48.html because it is beautiful. Her enJOY blog has a lot of great ideas too, although I don't read all the personal stuff about the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment