Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Other Brown Bag

I recently followed through on a crafting idea I called The Other Brown Bag in my head. I've been sewing with burlap a lot in the last several months, and although I like the end product, it is a pain to mess with (especially because it creates such a mess!).


I wanted to make fancy gift bags to "make an ordinary bottle of wine extraordinary!" I had fun making these, after I got over having to restitch all the burlap parts (serging is a terrible plan with burlap...) and I think the stamp on the front gives them a flourish that makes them quite fancy. They are completely lined with fabric, which also makes them sturdy. Of course, anything long and narrow can fit in the bags for gifting, not just wine!

They are for sale at Warm Hearts Yarn for $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment